Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Chartered in 1846, the Clarksville Female Academy was first located in the former home of Mr. and Mrs. Allen Johnson, a three story brick building with twelve rooms along what is now Madison Street. The Academy offered classes in a wide range of subjects, including ethics, literature, mathematics, and music. This yearbook documents the activities of the school and its students during the 1899-1900 academic Year.
The Purple and Gold Collection contains approximately 550 items, consisting of monthly editions of The Purple and Gold literary magazine, ranging from 1914 to 2007, with gaps in the collection. The magazine was in print on a monthly basis during the school year from the early 1910s through the mid-1960s. Special class reunion editions were published later, with the most recent one in the collection published in 2007.